Statistical society is promoting research and education in Statistics and inculcating a sense of pride and confidence in our students. The society also aimes at instilling awareness about the importance of this discipline of mathematical science amongst students and researchers linked to social as well as physical sciences. The society provides a forum for exchange of ideas among statisticians.
Aims and Objectives
The mission of the Statistical Society of GCWU is to encourage the development and use of statistics and probability.
To achieve this, the Statistical Society shall:
- help to develop a public awareness of the value of statistical thinking and the importance of statistics and statisticians in society;
- promote the highest possible standards for statistical education and practice;
- promote the development of statistical methodology;
- promote a sense of community among all statisticians; and
- provide a forum for the exchange of ideas between theoreticians and practitioners of statistics.
- support excellence in statistical practice, research, journals, and meetings.
- work for the improvement of statistical education at all levels.
- Anticipate and meet member’s needs. Need conduct events and seminars to reveal the innate talent of the Varsity’suniversity’s student for noble cause.
- use the discipline of statistics to enhance human welfare.
- seek opportunities to advance the statistics profession.
- conduct events and seminars to reveal the innate talent of the Varsity’s students for noble cause.
- create awareness among students regarding the latest developments taking place in thefield of education.