The Department of Education is a newly emerging department at Govt. College Women University Sialkot. Keeping in view the significant role and broader social impact of a teacher education institution, the Department of Education has planned for launching new Programs i.e., BS Education (4years), B. Ed 1.5(years), B. Ed (2.5years), M.Phil Education and Ph.D Education in near future. This is a milestone in the way of regional development generally and for women empowerment particularly.
To Achieve Excellence in the Field of Teacher Education through Empowering Teachers and Developing their Competencies in the Areas of Content, Pedagogy and Research in the Field of Education.
Transformation of Pre-Service Teacher Education Keeping in view the Indigenous and Global Needs to Produce Effective Prospective Teachers for Global Market.
Aims and objectives:
The main objectives of the Department of Education are as following:
- To produce skilled manpower equipped with updated pedagogical techniques.
- To promote educational research.
- To organize Conferences, Seminars, and Teacher-Training Workshops.
- To establish coordination and collaboration with individuals and institutions having mutual interests.
- Incorporating the concept of Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) with theory and practice of Teacher Education.
- Finding solutions to various educational problems.
- Promoting/contributing for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Launching programs i.e. BS Education 4years, B.Ed 1.5 years, B.Ed 2.5 years, M.Phil Education and Ph.D Education etc.
- Launching Short-term certificate/ Diploma courses.
- To provide and promote facilities for advanced studies and research in Education.
- To provide opportunities for professional educators to improve their knowledge and skills through summer courses.
- To publish the results of research, and act as an educational information dissemination center.
- To provide outreach guidance to the schools of Punjab
- To render other services to educational institutions.
- Prepare the teachers, trainers, leaders, researchers and professionals at elementary and early childhood level in the light of current research and development at global level to cope with the needs of global competitive world.
- Empowering the women through education at elementary, secondary, early child hood and higher education levels in Pakistan.
- Improve the quality of education at elementary, secondary, early child hood and higher education levels in Pakistan.
- Provide the guidance and counseling services to learners in light of current research and development in the area.
- Provide opportunities to professional educators to improve their knowledge, skills and attitudes.
- Publish the findings of research and act as an educational information dissemination center.
- Give recommendations based on research to address the issues at elementary, secondary, early child hood and higher education levels in Pakistan.
Eentry test sample paper/s DOWNLOAD