Functions of Treasurer Office
- To manage the assets, liabilities, receipts, expenditures, grants, funds and investment of the University including opening, maintaining and closing of bank accounts for various purposes.
- To prepare the annual and revised budget estimates of Development & Non-Development budget, get it approval from Syndicate through F&P Committee. After its approval implement the budget and submit utilization to the HED & HEC respectively.
- To provide advisory services to the Vice Chancellor and other officers of the University on matters relating to finance and accounts.
- To make and / or arrange payments within the amount sanctioned by the concerned Competent Authority.
- To determine mode and time of payments and transfer of funds.
- To call the Finance & Planning Committee (F&PC) to:
- Consider annual statement of accounts and revised Budget Estimates and advice the Board, thereon.
- Review periodically the financial positions of the University.
- Advise the Syndicate on all matters relating to planning, development, finance, investment and accounts of the University.
- Prepare short term and long term development plans.
- Prepare resources development plans.
- Perform such other functions as may be prescribed by the statutes.
- Prepare the annual and revised Budget Estimates of the University and present them to the Finance & Planning Committee (F&PC) and Syndicate.
- To ensure that the funds of the University are expended for the purposes for which they are provided.
- To have the accounts audited by the Government Auditors and submit the report to the Syndicate with such annotations as may be required.
- To provide to the Vice Chancellor, F&PC and Syndicate with required information on financial matters and to bring to the notice of the Vice Chancellor any infringements of the provisions of GCWUS Ordinance, Statutes and Rules on financial matters and to ensure that the decision of the Syndicate, the Vice Chancellor and / or other statutory authorities of the University as, communicated to him, are given proper effect.