Dr. Saima Sajid
Designation(s): Assistant Professor
Dr Saima Sajid is currently serving as an assistant professor in the department of economics at Govt College Women University Sialkot. She has recently completed her PhD in Economics (2021) from the school of economics finance and banking, University Utara Malaysia (Northern University of Malaysia). She has more than 5 years of teaching experience at the undergraduate level.
Her research mainly covers the structural change process, macro-economic development, applied econometrics and issues related to the labor force primarily, female labor force participation and gender equality. She has published articles in renowned national and international journals. Her future areas of research include Economic growth, Infrastructure, informal economy, developing countries, panel data analysis Gig, and future of work.
- Hassan, S. S. U., Hussain, M. A., & Sajid, S. (2021). The effectiveness of anti-money laundering legislation in Islamic banking of Pakistan: experts’ opinion. Journal of Money Laundering Control.vol 25, issue 1, 2022.
- Sajid, S., Abdullah, N. B., & Chik, A. R. (2021). Economic growth, female labor force participation and interacting role of education in developing-8 countries: a sustainable development policy perspective. psychology and education, 58(1) 5263-5272. https://doi.org/10.17762/pae.v58i1.2082
- Sajid, S. (2018). Does Trade Openness Advances Gender Equality in Education: A Case of D8 Countries. Stud, 7(3).
- Sajid, S., & Ullah, S. (2014). Does trade openness boosts gender equality in employment: a case of D8 countries. Glob. & Sci Issues Stud, 3(2).
- Sajid, S. (2014). Political Economy of Gender Equality: Case Study of Pakistan. International
Journal of gender and Women’s Studies, 2(2), 309-340. http://ijgws.com/vol-2-no-2-june-2014-