Dr. Moazma Batool
Designation(s): Assistant Professor
As a highly motivated worker I can develop good working relationships and communicate efficiently with personnel at all levels. I have developed skills in evaluating and solving problems in order to make calculated decisions. I am results driven and geared to work as hard as required in order to realize my goals, especially in a science based environment. Basically, I am a zoologist with a working background in Limnology, aquatic toxicology and fish antioxidant enzymes.
- Studies on acute and chronic responses of Channa marulius and Wallago attu to metals and their mixture. (Ph.D)
- Studies on lethal and LC50 responses of Catla catla and Cirrhina mrigala against waterborne toxicity of zinc. (M.Phil)
- Studies on limnological parameters of semi-intensive iron stressed fish culture ponds. (M.Sc)
RESEARCH PROJECT AS A PI:
Estimation of Acetylcholine esterase activity, lipid peroxidation and genotoxicity as a oxidative dynamics in Chinese carps exposed to selected Insecticides. (Approved and in progress)
HEC APPROVED SUPERVISOR:
- HEC approved supervisor for MS/M. Phil and Ph.D. research.
- Worked as Assistant Professor (Zoology) since 01-12-2014 to 28-08-17 in the Department of Zoology, GC Women University, Faisalabad.
- Currently working as Assistant Professor (Zoology) from 29-08-2017 to date in the Department of Zoology, GC Women University, Sialkot.
- Hussain, M., Younas, M.,Malik, M.F., Umar, M., Kanwal, M. and Batool, M., 2020. Spatio-temporal diversity of dung beetles in selected locales of Sialkot, Punjab, Pakistan. Punjab Univ. J. Zool., 35(1): 35-42. (Y Category)
- Sumaira Abbas, Muhammad Sultan Haider, Fatima Kafayet, Sana Ashraf, Atifa Masood and Moazma Batool. Effect of Citrus Peels Mingled Diets on Carassius auratus Coloration. Pakistan J. Zool., 52(2): 519-524. (IF=0.79)
- Huma Naz, Sajid Abdullah, Khalid Abbas, Wardah Hassan, Moazama Batool, Shakeela Perveen, Sadia Maalik and Sajida Mushtaq. Toxic effect of insecticides mixtures on antioxidant enzymes in different organs of fish, Labeo rohita. Pakistan J. Zool., vol. 51(4), pp 1355-1361. (IF=0.79)
- Moazama Batool, Sajid Abdullah, Muhammad Umar Ijaz, Safina Kousar, Mahroz Fatima, Rahila Ilyas, Faiza Ambreen and Komal Tayyab Mughal. 2018. Heavy metals (cadmium and lead) induced oxidative stress in Channa marulius and Wallago attu during acute toxicity experiments. Pakistan J. Zool. Suppl. Ser., (13): 74-79. (IF=0.547)
- Rahila Ilyas, Muhammad Javed, Safina Kousar, Faiza Ambreen, Moazama Batool and Hamda Azmat. 2018. Genotoxicity evaluation of dietary bifenthrin through comet assay in peripheral blood erythrocytes of fresh water fish, Cirrhina mrigala. Pakistan J. Zool. Suppl. Ser., (13): 26-31. (IF=0.547)
- Safina Kousar, Muhammad Javed, Faiza Ambreen, Asma Ashraf, Rahila Ilyas, Moazama Batool and Hamda Azmat. 2018. Assessment of copper induced genotoxicity in peripheral erythrocytes of Cirrhina mrigala by using comet assay and micronucleus test. Pakistan J. Zool. Suppl. Ser., (13): 65-73. (IF=0.547)
- Faiza Ambreen, Muhammad Javed, Sidra Abbas, Safina Kousar, Rahila Ilyas and Moazama Batool. DNA damage in peripheral erythrocytes of Ctenopharyngodon idella during chronic exposure to pesticide mixture. Pakistan J. Zool. Suppl. Ser., (13): 19-25. (IF=0.547)
- Muhahammad Sultan Haider, Arshad Javid, Hamda Azmat, Sumaira Abbas, Sana Ashraf, Muhammad Altaf, Usman Atique, Sonia Iqbal, Khalid Javid Iqbal and Moazmaa Batool. Effect of processed fish waste on growth rate and digestive enzymes activities in Cyprinus carpio. Pakistan J. Zool. Suppl. Ser., (13): 191-198. (IF=0.547)
- Huma Naz, Sajid Abdullah, Sidra Naz, Sidra Abbas, Wardah Hassan, Shakeela Parveen, Moazama Batool and Laiba Shafique. 2018. Comparative assessment of the acute toxicity, behavior and Catalase activity in Cirrhina mrigala exposed to Fe+Ni+Pb+Zn mixture. Punjab University Journal of Zoology. 33(1): 91-97. (Y Category) DOI: http:dx.doi.org/10.17582/pujz/2018.33.1.91.97.
- Ghazanfar, M. Hussain, Z. Abbas and M. Batool. 2017. Diversity, composition and distribution of dung beetle fauna in croplands and pastures of Jhelum, Punjab, Pakistan. Pakistan Journal of Science, 69 (4): 369-374. https://www.researchgate.net/publication/324705687. (Z Category)
- Tayyab., M. Afzal, M. Iqbal, A. Arshad, S. Aslam and M. Batool. 2017. Enhanced digestibility of Phytase treated canola meal based diet for Labeo rohita fingerlings. The Journal of Animal & Plant Sciences, 27(4): 1386-1393. ISSN: 1018-7081. (IF=0.381).
- Hassan, W., S. Abdullah, K. Abbas, Batool and S. Yaqoob. 2015. The effect of sub-lethal level of dietary copper and cadmium on the growth performance and oxidative stress in cirrhina mrigala. Pakistan Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 52(3): 789-794. ISSN: 2076-0906. (IF=1.049)
- Batool, M., Abdullah and K. Abbas. 2014. Antioxidant enzymes activity during acute toxicity of chromium and cadmium to Channa marulius and Wallago attu. Pakistan. Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 51(4): 1117-1123. ISSN: 2076-0906. (IF=1.054)
- Batool, M., Abdullah and M. Javed. 2014. Behavioral intoxication of Channa marulius and Wallago attu during acute exposure of cadmium and copper. Pakistan Journal of life and social Sciences, 12(1): 7-15. E-ISSN: 2221-7630;P-ISSN: 1727-4915. (Y Category)
- Shafiq, S. Abdullah, M. Javed, S. Hayat and M. Batool. 2012. Effect of combined exposure of water-borne and dietary nickel on the growth performance of Cirrhina mrigala. The Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences, 22(2): 425-430. ISSN: 1018-7081. (IF=0.638).