Dr. Afshan Urooj
Designation(s): Assistant Professor
Department(s): Environmental Science
I am currently working as Assistant Professor at the Department of Environmental Sciences, GC Women University Sialkot. Keen to learn new technologies and enjoy working on exciting and novel projects. Currently my research is focused on industrial and municipal waste water treatment using MBR technology.
Research Domain: Waste water treatment, chemical analysis of pollutants
Current Area of research: Removal of pollutants from water/waste water using MBR technology
- Afshan Urooj, Saima Nasreen, Uzaira Rafique, Ryan Felix, Yujia Liang, Sheryl Ehrman, Iron loaded spherical mesoporous silica particles for dechlorination of trichloroethylene in water, Fresenius Environmental Bulletin 2018, 27, 7332-7339.
- Nasreen, S.; Urooj, A.; Rafique, U.; Ehrman, S. Functionalized mesoporous silica: absorbents for water purification. Desalination and Water Treatment 2016, 57, 29352-29362.
- Felix, R.; Repac, J.; Liang, Y.; Urooj, A.; Glicksman, H.; Ehrman, S. Copper-zinc particles with zinc-enriched surfaces generated via spray pyrolysis. Aerosol Science and Technology 2018, 52, 984-991
- Participated in 2nd International Conference on Emerging Trends in Earth and Environmental Sciences ETEES-2020 to be held from March 4-6, 2020 at the College of Earth and Environmental Sciences, University of the Punjab, Lahore-Pakistan.
- Participated in workshop titled “Membrane Bio-Reactor Research: The Pakistan Perspective” held on 10th May 2018 at Forman Christian College (A Chartered University) Ferozepur Road, Lahore
- Presented in Conference on Emerging Materials and Processes 2017 titled “Temperature dependence of size of spherical mesoporous silica particles prepared by modified stöber method” held on 13-14 November 2017 at National University of Science and Technology, H-12, Islamabad
- Participated in International Conference in Emerging trends in Science and Technology held on 5-9 September 2016 at Fatima Jinnah Women University, Rawalpindi
- Attended Workshop on Management of Mercury and Mercury Containing Wastes in Pakistan, held on 19th May, 2010 at Islamabad Hotel, Islamabad. Organized jointly by Ministry of Environment and UNEP.