Madanjeet Singh Scholarships for the Academic Year 2023 at the College of Natural Resources, Royal University of Bhutan
The UNESCO Madanjeet Center for South Asia Forestry Studies (UMCSAFS) at College of Natural Resources (CNR), Royal University of Bhutan (RUB) in Lobesa, Punakha, Bhutan, is pleased to announce one candidate each for Madanjeet Singh scholarship from SAARC member countries for two years Masters Programme in Natural Resources Management to be undertaken from July 2023 to June 2025.
Applicants should fulfill the following criteria:
1. Have completed a BSc programme awarded by a recognized University in the field of
forestry, environment and life sciences.
2. Have secured a minimum of 55% in each subject and overall aggregate of 60%
3. Be a registered citizen of the SAARC member countries
4. Be fluent in English (both written and speaking)
5. Produce English Language Proficiency Certificate from recognized/competent
6. Be below 45 years of age
7. Candidates applying for this scholarship should submit the application form and Research
Proposal (mandatory) along with the required documents.
The scholarship will cover:
Economy air travel from the native country to Bhutan and back (initial and final)
Monthly stipend of Nu. 15000.00 (Fifteen thousand) only
Book and printing allowance of Nu. 5000.00 (five thousand) only annually
Initial establishment allowance of Nu. 20,000.00 (Twenty thousand-International students) only
One-time research grant of Nu.70,000.00 (Seventy thousand) only shall be eligible from first year second semester only
In-country travel of Nu. 500.00 per day shall be eligible while on organized study travel and 50% if it exceeds a month) Application and Selection Procedures
Applications shall be submitted to South Asia Foundation (SAF) country offices of each country in the SAARC region. Applications shall not be accepted directly from the candidates
The SAF office of each country shall select one candidate based on the eligibility criteria mentioned herein
The name of the selected candidate from each SAARC country with the relevant documents should be submitted to the office of the Focal Person, College of Natural Resources, Royal University of Bhutan Lobesa, Punakha, Bhutan by April 14, 2023 midnight through SAF offices in respective country for further scrutiny and acceptance into scholarship program.The documents can be sent via e-mail to the focal person at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com and a copy to Programme Leader at Ykhandu.firstname.lastname@example.org
The final assessment of the selected candidate shall be done jointly by a team of committee from the College of Natural Resources. There will be a skype interview with the candidates for the final selection.
Based on the final assessment, the candidates may or may not be accepted into the program if respective SAF office failed to follow the set eligibility criteria.
The CNR reserves the right of acceptance or rejection of candidates nominated by SAARC countries into the programme.
The letter of acceptance or rejection into the scholarship program will be sent to respective SAF office for further conveyance to the individual candidate latest by April 28, 2023 via e-mail or through telephone calls.
All travel documents of the selected student should reach UMCSAFS office not later than 26 th May, 2023 to process for travel and other necessary arrangements. If the candidate fails to submit the documents within the given time frame, it will result in the
cancellation of the scholarship. Documents required to be submitted The candidate applying for UMCSAFS scholarship program should submit the following documents to the respective SAF offices and CNR:
1. Bachelor's degree certificate from recognized university
2. English Language Proficiency Certificate
3. A copy of Citizenship ID card
4. Copy of valid passport
5. Security clearance certificate or Police Clearance from respective countries
6. Medical fitness certificate from competent government hospital of respective countries
7. Birth Certificate
8. Two copies of recent passport sized photos
9. Contact: e-mail address and mobile phone number of the candidate
10. A copy of documents for the selected candidate shall be maintained at each SAF Country
Office for record, assessment and acceptance into the programme.
11. All the accepted candidates should produce original documents at the time of admission
at College of Natural Resources, Lobesa, Bhutan.
SAF Bhutan Chapter: www.bhutanoye.org ; CNR: www.cnr.edu.bt