The Convocation shall be held on regular basis for conferring the Degree on persons who shall have under prescribed conditions pursued 2 years Bachelor (Associate Degree) 4 years Bachelor, 2 years Master MS and PhD course of study and passed examination of Government College Women University, Sialkot.
1.1. The Chancellor
Per section 8 (1) & (2) of Government College Women University Sialkot ACT 2012 (VII of 2013), The Chancellor or a nominee of the Chancellor shall preside at the convocation of the University.
1.2. Notification of Convocation
- The date of Convocation shall be fixed by the Chancellor on the recommendations of the Vice-Chancellor. As soon as the date of Convocation is fixed, the Controller shall notify all graduates eligible to receive their Degrees at the Convocation through letters posted to the candidates. The date of convocation be also publicized through press or university website/ social media.
- Such candidates should be required to submit Rs. 3000/- each as convocation registration fee and same is considered as Degree Fee.
- The Registrar shall inform all the members of the Syndicate, the Academic Council and the Faculties by means of circular giving the time, date and venue of the Convocation.
- Graduates receiving degrees at the Convocation shall wear the Academic costume approved by the university to which they are entitled.
- Roll of Honour will be awarded to the Graduates obtaining CGPA 3.700 or more.
- No graduate shall be admitted to Convocation unless she is in the proper Academic costume.
1.3. Procedure of the Convocation
The procedure of the Convocation shall be as follows:
- The teaching faculty of the University and the graduates shall assemble in the Convocation hall half an hour before the time of the commencement of Convocation.
- The convocation procession will be formed in two rows and enter the auditorium in the following order:
- Two Students left/right side following Registrar with flags.
- Faculty members in ascending order of Seniority
- Deans of all Faculties
- Controller of Examinations
- The Vice-Chancellor
- Chairman HEC
- The Pro-Chancellor
- The Chancellor