Research Areas in the field of Statistics
Gaussian Statistical Society of Statistics Department
Date : 13-04-2017
Total Duration: 3 hrs
Venue: IT Lab GCWUS
Event Type: Workshop
Participants: BS Students (2nd, 4th semester) of Statistics
One-Liner Description Statement:
The aim of the session is to provide students a broad understanding of types of research so that they will be able to apply fundamental principles of research and know how to apply statistical tests to analyze the data. The workshop was a mixture of lectures and questions and answers session.
The programme of the workshop is as under:
- Minahil Imran Bs Statistics 2nd semester has started the session by welcoming the honorable Chief guest Ms. Raheela Sohail HOD Mathematics Department, the respected Guest speaker Ms. Iqra Maqsood, faculty members and students to the one day workshop on “Research Areas in the field of Statistics”.
- Ruqaya Farooq from Bs Statistics (4th semester) recite some verses of the Holy Quran.
- Namra from Bs Statistics (2nd semester) recite naat.
- Mahwish Rabia (Convener of Statistical Society) introduce the guest Speaker of the workshop.
- Guest Speaker “Ms. Iqra Maqsood” give presentation on Types of research and discussed the following topics
- Applied Research
- Pure Research
- Descriptive Research
- Exploratory research
- Explanatory research
- Correlational Research
- Qualitative Research
- Quantitative Research