Some goals of ORIC shall encompass the following:
- To strengthen the infrastructure facilities.
- To provide a healthier learning environment and modern facilities.
- To develop the University as a well reputed research institute.
- To plan and facilitate human resource development.
Functions of P&D Department
- Assessing the present and future physical, financial and human resource needs of the university academia.
- Identification of feasible projects for academic, physical growth and expansion of the university.
- Preparation of development plans and PC-I/project documents for identified projects and schemes.
- Arrange meetings pertaining to execution of development projects.
- Coordinate with Engineering Cell, GCWUS.
- Pursue the development grant proposals with government concerned agencies, i.e., Higher Education Department, Lahore, Planning & Development Department, Lahore, HEC and Planning Commission, Islamabad.
- Formulate Annual Works Programme and cash plan as per requirement of the university and other concerned bodies.
- Encourage and guide faculty members to submit projects for securing funding for research programmes.
- Maintain liaison and coordination with the provincial as well as federal governments’ concerned departments for seeking project approval and in tie funding.
- Acquisition of land for current and future expansion of the university.