- The candidate is advised to read all terms and conditions and instructions carefully in order to submit his/her application complete in all respects. Incomplete applications (in any case) shall not be entertained.
- The onus/responsibility of correctness of the data given in the application will rest absolutely on the candidate.
- The candidate should fill the application form carefully in the light of Instructions stated in the Advertisement and University website for the said post.
- The candidate should submit his/her personal valid postal address, e-mail address and personal Mobile number at the time of submission of application.
- Applications after the closing date will not be accepted in any case.
- The candidate applying under BS and TTS should submit separate applications along with complete documents and the required fee for each application.
- The candidate is required to ensure that:
- No section / subsection of the Application Form is left blank.
- The candidate applying for the posts of Assistant Professor and Lecturer is required to submit two hard copies (duly signed) of Application Form along with updated CV, attested copies of degrees/certificates/testimonials/photograph (1×1) and first page of each research paper showing name of journal, title of research paper, category of research paper as per HEC classification, Name of author, Name of Publisher and ISSN Number etc.
- In addition to above clause, the candidate applying for the posts of Professor and Associate Professor are also required to submit full length publications in form of research dossier (hard copy) and one soft copy of application along with attested copies of degrees/certificates/testimonials/ photograph (1×1) and complete research papers in a Pdf file in addition to the hard copy email at firstname.lastname@example.org The size of Pdf file should not exceed 20 MB.
- Quota Policy will be applicable according to the rules of Government of Punjab.
- Applicants with Disability are exempted from provision of pay order/draft.
- General age relaxation shall be given as per Government of Punjab policy on request of the candidate.
- In case the Candidate is a Government Servant, a Departmental Permission Certificate/ NOC issued by the Competent Authority of the concerned Department is required to be produced along with application form. Any application without Departmental Permission Certificate/ NOC shall be rejected.
- If the candidate who has applied after taking NOC from his/her parent department/ Institution/ University and got selected in any other department/ Institution/ University during the process of selection, s/he would be required to send immediately an NOC from the new employer, failing which the application will be rejected ab-initio.
- The age, qualification, experience, other credentials and research papers of the candidates prescribed in the relevant Service Rules and Advertisement should be completed in all respects on or before the closing date fixed for such post(s).
- The prescribed educational qualifications and valid registration with PEC/NCEAC/PMC/ PNC and such other institutions where applicable must have been acquired on or before the closing date for submission of applications.
- Applications of candidates, whose result is not officially announced by the Controller of Examination of a Board/ University on or before the closing date, shall not be considered.
- Ph.D. degree holder will only be considered for Assistant Professor under TTS system. However, Govt. College Women University, Sialkot in-service (regular/ permanent) Ph. D teachers/employees may apply on BS (if the post is advertised for BS/TTS).
- Instructions issued by the Higher Education Commission or University from time to time shall be followed in true letter and spirit.
- All HEC rules/policies and TTS Statutes version 2.0 shall be applicable for TTS appointments.
- Candidates who are applying on TTS and hold Ph.D. degree from Pakistan, their Ph. D thesis must have been evaluated by two foreign Experts as per HEC guidelines for award of Ph.D. degree. In case foreign evaluation was not done then the candidate must provide evidence of two publications in Journals recognized by the HEC for the purpose of Tenure Track appointment.
- In case any information provided by the Candidate in his/her application form is found to be incorrect or false at any stage, he/she will be disqualified and action will be taken under the Rules.
- Only short listed candidates will be called for interview except Professor and Associate Professor.
- The University reserves the rights not to fill/withdraw any post(s), withhold the appointment against any advertised post(s) without assigning any reason.
- The candidates are required to affix demand draft / pay order or Original deposit slip of Rs.3000 for (BS-19& BS-20) and Rs.2000 for (BS-18 & BS-17) as processing fee (non-refundable for each vacancy) in favour of the Treasurer, Govt. College Women University, Sialkot OR deposit in Bank of Punjab (Paris Road Branch, Sialkot) A/C No.6010001100300034(postal orders are not acceptable).
- Application forms received without bank draft / pay order or Original deposit slip of the prescribed amount shall be rejected.
- The University shall accept degrees/certificates/diplomas of those Foreign Universities only which have been recognized by Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan, Pakistan Medical Commission (PMC), Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC), Pakistan Nursing Council (PNC), National Computing Education Accreditation Council (NCEAC) Inter Board Committee of Chairmen (IBCC) or any other Competent Agency/Authority.
- Foreign degree holders must provide equivalence certificate issued by the HEC along with application form.
- Condition of Master’s (foreign) stated in the HEC Minimum Eligibility Conditions for the appointment of Faculty at HEIs/DAIs means Master’s degree awarded by the chartered foreign University for which HEC has granted its equivalence with Pakistan’s MS/MPhil or 18 years of education.
- The equivalence of foreign and local academic qualifications as laid down by the Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan, Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC) or other Competent Authority shall be accepted only.
- In case a candidate claims that his/her qualification is equivalent to the prescribed qualification, s/he will be required to submit equivalence of his/her qualification issued by the Competent Authority before closing date or during the period as extended for the purpose by University.
- If a candidate fails to submit Equivalence Certificate issued by the Competent Authority before closing date or whenever asked by the University, his/her candidature shall be cancelled.
- Candidates who claim equivalence of a foreign/ domestic degree with the prescribed educational qualifications of post, must at the time of submission of requisite documents, enclose certificate/proof of such equivalence of degrees/diplomas/certificates issued by the competent authority e.g. Higher Education Commission/Pakistan Engineering Council/ National Computing Education Accreditation Council (NCEAC)/Pakistan Council of Architects & Town Planners /Pakistan Nursing Council/Pakistan Medical Commission/Inter Board Committee, along with their translation in Urdu/English. Otherwise their applications will be liable to rejection, and no subsequent claim on this account will be accepted by the University.
EXPERIENCE WHERE SO REQUIRED/ MANDATORY
For the purpose of counting of experience of the candidates, the following criteria will be applied: –
- Experience where required for determination of eligibility for a post, a candidate shall have to produce documentary evidence in support of his/her claim.
- Experience of Government Service shall only be accepted if the Certificate is issued by the concerned Appointing Authority/Person Authorized to do so.
- Experience in private entities shall be accepted only if such entity is registered with SECP, Registrar of Firms or any other Regulatory Authority.
- Only that particular/professional experience shall be considered which has been acquired in the relevant area while working in Public Sector or recognized institutions in the Private Sector.
- Experience certificate in respect of Contract, Current Charge and Acting Charge Appointment, issued by the Appointing Authority under the rules shall be accepted.
- Research / professional experience means the actual period spent on conducting research in the area of specialty or in the area of profession relevant to the post applied for:-
- Actual duration of PhD program or up to 4 years at maximum and actual duration of post-doc program shall be counted as research experience.
- Period spent on study leave shall be counted as research/professional experience if the area of study is relevant to the post applied for.
- The experience as part-time, honorary / self-employed / Adhoc , and apprentice/ internee will not be considered/ counted as experience.
- Experience from Firms/ Companies/ Institutions/ Organizations/ Banks/ NGOs etc., will be accepted if these are well known nationally or internationally, have appropriately been registered/ incorporated with concerned government department/ institution for doing business, maintain office (s) and have proper registration number/ reference number, where applicable.
RESEARCH PAPERS (WHERE SO REQUIRED/MANDATORY
- Research papers which have been published in a journal enlisted by Higher Education Commission (HEC) shall be accepted only.
- International Journals having an impact factor of ISI and listed in Journal Citation Report (JCR) of Institute for Scientific Information (ISI) would only be considered as HEC recognized International journals.
- The University shall not accept research papers of a candidate which have been published in any journal after the Closing Date for receipt of applications for the advertised post. Research Papers under publications shall also not be acceptable.
- Utilization and validity of categories of journals (w, x, y, z) shall be applicable as per HEC guide lines available at the HEC website.
- For TTS appointments research papers published in Journals that fall under the category W and X will be acceptable for Social Sciences and for Science disciplines papers published in W category (Impact Factor) Journals only shall be acceptable.
- The hard copies of on-line application form, complete in all respect, should reach in the office of the Additional Registrar, Government College Women University, Sialkot, during office hours, on or before the closing date of advertisement through registered post.
- Applicants for the posts of Professors& Associate Professors should send a soft copy of their applications and research publications in PDF format through email at email@example.com along with the hard copy of the application form on or before the closing date.